Philadelphia Cricket League
The Philadelphia Cricket League (PCL) wishes everyone a very Happy New Year 2015. The PCL welcomes Swat Eagles and Kirkwood cricket clubs to the league. Clearly, our motto “Bigger and Bolder” has kick started with the addition of these two competitive clubs, and the continued trust of our existing member clubs. We thank you all for making PCL more competitive year after year.
With our season approaching quickly, here are few key points for 2015:
1) The prize money for the 40-overs league will remain at $5,000. The PCL is looking for sponsors to meet its other large expenses at the finals, such as live streaming of the game.
2) The PCL will be conducting a T20 tournament starting in 2015. With the help of MAQ, PCL was able to secure the winning prize money of $5,000 for the T20s tournament as well with ($4K to winners, $1K to the runner-up). The PCL 2015 season will start with the T20 tournament due to the logistics involved with the staging of the T20 tournament (see below).
Format PCL T20 (internal): PCL member clubs and non-member clubs in the area will compete against each other between April – June, 2015. The winner and runner-up of the PCL T20 tournament will advance to take part in the PCL CCUSA T20 tournament, to compete for a cash prize of $5K (see below). The registration fee is waived for the winner and runner-up of the PCL T20, allowing them to take part in the PCL CCUSA T20 tournament. There will also be trophies and awards for the PCL T20 tournament to be given out during the July 4th weekend. In order to take part in the PCL T20 internal competition, PCL member clubs and local clubs are required to pay a $250 registration fee per club. All teams must have their own colored uniforms.
Format PCL CCUSA T20: With the help of MAQ, the PCL was able to secure winning prize money of $5,000 for this tournament ($4K to the winner and $1K to the runner-up). This will be done as a mini-tournament to be completed over the long-weekend, with 8-10 teams total. The outside teams (joining only on July 4th weekend) will each pay an $850 registration fee (that covers, uniform, liability insurance, umpire fee, ground fee, drinks and food at the final, Live streaming) to compete in the PCL CCUSA T20 tournament (last date to apply and pay 4/30/2015. The winners and runners-up of the PCL T20 are exempted from this fee. However, if you choose not to participate in the PCL CCUSA T20, the next best team from the PCL T20 (i.e. best Semi-finalist based on overall points/NRR) will be given the preference, only the top four clubs will be considered in this situation. However, no cash substitute will be given in lieu of your absence of not participating in July 4th tournament.
There will be trophies and awards given as well at the end of the presentation along with our typical PCL style finale show.
3) 40-overs league will begin in parallel starting in May, depending on teams and the availability of fields.
4) Deadline for Registration fees (40-overs): 50% ($450) by January 15th, and remaining $450 by January 31st. Teams without home-grounds must pay an additional $650 by January 31st. The PCL strongly urges its member clubs to work with other teams in securing a ground if they can.
5) Deadline for Registration fees (PCL Internal T20): $250 by January 31st. Teams without home-grounds will be charged $40/game that will be billed in total to be paid by February 15th once we have finalized the total number of the teams participating. Each team to pay $30 to one official umpire. There will be two official umpires in the playoff and any round-robin games that the league deems important.
6) There will be an annual PCL meeting, and Umpiring seminar (date to be decided due to the ICC World Cup) – Looking forward to participation from all member clubs. Details will be sent out later.
7) Please make all checks Payable to ‘Philadelphia Cricket League’ and mail it to our official address. To meet the deadline date, you can also pay online using our website and using the Square Payment processing system. However, all online payments have a 3% additional fee, which is charged by Square systems for online payments. The PCL does not imply the payment-processing fee of 3% with any items other than admission fee. Non-PCL member clubs please contact Sibi Thomas for a sser ID and password to login for payment. Clubs who do not have colored clothing, please contact PCL to get the discounted uniform rates.
We are looking forward to another exciting and competitive cricket season in 2015 with a total combined Cash prize of $10,000. Get ready for this ride!!!