The USA Cricket Board and its Nominating & Governance Committee (NGC) are pleased to announce that the delayed 2020 USA Cricket elections will be held within the March-April 2022 time-frame.
These elections are for two different positions on the USA Cricket Board:
- Individual Director, which the individual members will be electing.
- Club Director, which the club members will be electing.
A third position, Female Player Director, only has one candidate so there will be no election for the position. The Club Director and Individual Director terms are for a period of three years while the Female Player Director term is for a period of two years.
Names of the candidates for each position, originally announced by USA Cricket in April 2021, are included below:
Individual Director Candidates:
Club Director Candidates:
Female Player Director Candidates:
Currently in the initial stage, the delayed election process is described below, with the final stage set to conclude in March-April of 2022:
• Stage 1: NGC collects and collates preliminary voter lists for the Club Director and Individual Director positions
• Stage 2: NGC publishes preliminary voter lists for peer review over a forthcoming two week period
• Stage 3: NGC considers all officially received peer review feedback and publishes the final voter lists after an audit review by an independent audit firm
• Stage 4: Candidates are given approximately three weeks for formal campaigning
• Stage 5: Election voting period of two weeks is provided for voters to cast their ballots with an independent election provider
• Stage 6: Votes are independently tabulated, with audited results announced within a week of the completion of the elections.
The NGC will provide relevant updates throughout each stage of the election process to ensure an equitable and transparent election for all seats.